SLR Business Credit is looking for an entry-level Accounts Receivable Specialist to assist our credit team in our Minneapolis, Minnesota office. This opportunity is ideal for someone with an interest in accounting or general business with an ability to be a utility player for our factoring and asset-based lending teams.
SLR Business Credit provides asset-based loans and factoring facilities from $100,000 to $30+ million to businesses in the United States and has full-service offices in New Jersey, Minnesota, Utah and California. SLR Business Credit is a portfolio company of SLR Investment Corp.
Our Accounts Receivable Specialist will assist our Account Executives with the day-to-day management of our factoring and asset-based lending clients. SLR is constantly reviewing our clients’ financial needs to provide a high level of customer service while managing risk in our portfolio.
The Accounts Receivable Specialist will assist our credit team with a variety of duties including but not limited to:
- Assist with daily client funding requests including review of documentation, entry of client data into SLR’s industry-specific software, credit review, verification and initial advance calculations.
- Assist with the ongoing verification and collection of invoices including review of supporting paperwork, tracing through various portals, email, or phone to confirm and collect invoice balances.
- Assist with the preparation of daily deposits including sorting and opening incoming mail, preparing daily deposit spreadsheet, scanning documentation into our document storage software, scanning checks and submission of our daily remote deposit to the bank.
- Assist with the application of daily collections in our industry specific applications.
- Assist Account Executives, Credit and Operations team members with other projects as needed – examples include:
- Assisting with the underwriting of new business
- Assisting with financial review and analysis of existing client including preparing financial spread reports in excel as well as reconciling invoices between the Client and SLR reports
- Identify and alerting management of concerns or red flags
- Assist with payoffs, workouts, and liquidations as necessary.
- Communicate effectively with SLR colleagues and clients.
What’s in it for you?
- A challenging opportunity in an ever-growing organization
- Competitive Salary and a Comprehensive Benefits Package including:
- 401(k) and 401(k) match
- Insurance including – health, dental, disability, life, and vision
- Flexible spending account
- Paid time off
- High School, Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a business related major
- Proficient in using a computer with an emphasis on excel, word, outlook applications
- Analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills
- Interest and ability to provide a high level of customer service
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong multi-tasking abilities
- Able to work on-site in our office in St. Louis Park, Minnesota
How to Apply
If you are interested in this exciting position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!